Welcome to the experience blogspot of AIESEC the Netherlands! On the left you can filter out the experience stories you are looking for; Global Internship Program (management) or Global Community Development Program (development), continents, countries and special projects like the Nour project and the Ambassadors program. Get inspired!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us on blogspot.aiesec@gmail.com

7.12.11

Experience: Vahid Amini, Doha, Qatar


I am Vahid Amini, 23 years and I’m currently finishing my Masters’ in Economics in The Netherlands. A student career is not complete without an internship via AIESEC, so that is why I decided to apply for an internship. My local AIESEC team in Tilburg assisted me very well and within a month I was ready to go. That is how I ended up in Doha, Qatar.

After a long day of travelling I finally arrived at Doha airport, ready to explore Qatar! The local AIESEC committee was so kind to pick me up at 2 a.m. in the morning and bring me to our apartment. That was the beginning of a life-time changing experience! My traineeship was related to health and character, and was named ‘Get In Shape, Get In Character’. Our team was a diverse group of wonderful people from all over the world. Our goal was to create, develop and give workshops related to health, lifestyle, sports, and leadership skills. It was great to see the anxiety and enthusiasm of the students who attended our sessions. This gave us more motivation to develop challenging workshops for our students! Besides working on the project, we had plenty of spare time to explore the country and experience Arabia to the fullest. One moment, of many, which I would like to share is my night at the desert. This was really an unforgettable night and sunrise in the morning made it absolutely magical! I feel I gained a lot through this internship; I experienced a different culture, food, people and last but not least I made true friends with people from all over the world. Do not hesitate to join AIESEC Qatar for a great internship, trust me you will be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment